In the Field: Professional Training for Certified Sexological Bodyworkers
with Deej Juventin, Uma Furman and Dr Betty Martin
Dates: 6-18 September 2016
Location: Exe Valley, Devon
Price: 2,200 (Early Bird Price: £2,000 for payment in full by 28 February 2016)
Deposit: £250 (non-refundable)
Prerequisites: Certificate in Sexological Bodywork (CSB), or completion of the CSB Online Group Study and Embodiment Intensive.
Purpose of this training
There are three main reasons for this training:
- to provide a level 2 certificate training for Certified Sexological Bodyworkers (CSBs)
- to provide an intensive professional development opportunity for Certified Somatic Sex Educators (CSSEs)
- to provide an alternative pathway to complete the CSB certification requirements.
This experiential training offers CSBs and CSSEs the opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge. Participants have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the CSB material and study Ellen Heed's lectures on anatomy and physiology. There are then 2.5 days of professional development training, followed by a week of input and feedback on your work, mentoring, and receiving professional supervision in a beautiful residential centre near Newton Abbot in Devon.
1). Online group study, 6 August - 3 September 2016
Participants in the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education clinic week programme will review the updated CSB Online Group Study material, study six of Ellen Heed’s lectures (nervous system, sphincters and the enteric nervous system, vulva anatomy, penis anatomy, breath and scars) and participate in live Q&A teleconferences with Ellen.
2). In the Field Intensive: Professional Development Training, 8-11 September 2016
4 days in person, with Betty Martin, assisted by Deej and Uma
Participants will explore:
- what 'giving' and 'receiving' REALLY are and why knowing the difference is crucial for getting profound results for your clients and students
- what you are responsible for in your sessions and what you are not — so you can serve your clients far beyond what they expect without tying yourself in knots
- how to create a strong container for your clients that has enough safety for them to get into the REAL work they are coming to you for
- how to help your clients access parts of themselves that have been hidden away
- how to bring both clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
- assessment: finding out what your client is ready for and – more importantly – what they are not
- empowerment and informed consent – teaching your client how to become aware of their own desires and limits and how to communicate them.
Times: 10am to 6pm each day.
Non-residential in Dawlish: This part of the training is non-residential. Participants need to provide their own food and accommodation for their time in Dawlish, and their own food for 12 September when we transfer to the retreat centre.
3). In The Field Intensive: Clinic Week, 12-18 September 2016
5 days facilitated by Deej and Uma and Betty Martin
- develop their somatic sex education skills through the process of working with real clients on authentic learning objectives, and having immediate access to input from CSBs and facilitators before and after sessions
- develop their coaching and mentoring skills in ongoing small group processes, and have the opportunity to reflect on their work to improve practice
- have essential input, experience, and feedback in facilitating groups
- receive regular supervision in small groups from the facilitators
- engage in regular yoga classes, erotic rituals and meditations, and spend a wonderful week connecting with your peers and building networks and community.
Residential at Duvale Priory in Devon. Accommodation from 12-18 September and food from 13-18 September are provided and included in the price.
How it works
We start with one month reviewing chosen CSB materials and anatomy and physiology material supplied by Ellen Heed. There are then four days of professional development in Dawlish with Betty Martin (Please note, these four days are non-residential), before we move up to the Duvale Priory for a week of in depth Professional Development and Supervision with real clients working on authentic issues. This is achieved by running In the Field in conjunction with the Growing in Embodiment Retreat.
CSBs are invited to participate in this as a Certificate training program, leading to the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education, or as a professional development opportunity. You are encouraged to invite suitable clients to attend the Growing in Embodiment Retreat.
CSBs and people who have participated in the CSB training but are not yet certified are also welcome to attend The Growing in Embodiment Retreat as clients.
We can take a maximum of nine people on the In The Field program, so please enrol early to ensure a place.
We can take a maximum of 18 people for the Growing in Embodiment retreat, so please let people know early if you think they would benefit from this extraordinary week of receiving and learning.
The early bird price is £2,000 for payments before 28th February 2016. For payments after 1st March, the price is £2,200.
In addition you need to find your own accommodation in Dawlish for 8-11 September.
A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required to secure your place on the training.
The price includes one month of online study comprising six lectures and two Q&A teleconferences with Ellen Heed, the four-day Like A Pro training with Betty Martin, seven days of professional development, group and individual input and supervision with Deej, Uma and Betty, accommodation at the Duvale Priory from 12-18 September, and food from breakfast on the 13 September to lunch on the 18 September. You can also expect a considerable amount of learning and development of your expertise in running sessions and teaching groups, lots of fun and joy, and growth in your own sense of embodiment.
The price does not include accommodation for 8-11 September in Dawlish, or food from 8-12 September. All payments must be made before 14 July 2016.
If you withdraw from the training before 14 July 2016, any money will be returned, less the £250 deposit. If you withdraw from the training on or after 15 July 2016, there is no refund.
In the event that enrolments do not reach the minimum numbers of eight practitioners and 16 clients, your money will be refunded in full.
On satisfactory completion of the course, successful candidates will receive the Certificate in Somatic Sex Education OR, for candidates who are attending to complete their CSB training, the Certificate in Sexological Bodywork.
Deej is a sex coach and therapist, a Certified Sexological Bodyworker and professional trainer, and a supervisor. He works with people of all genders and sexualities to support them in becoming more erotically embodied and empowered. With extensive experience in all areas of sexological bodywork, sex coaching, orgasmic yoga, and sex therapy, he is available for work with individuals and couples, for group trainings, and he offers professional supervision and training to somatic sex educators and other health care professionals.
He teaches the Australian Certificate in Sexological Bodywork and Certificate in Ecstatic Breath Training.
Uma is one of Australia's leading somatic sex educators, teaching conscious sexuality throughout Australia and Asia. She teaches the Certificate in Sexological Bodywork and Certificate in Somatic Sex Education with the Institute of Somatic Sexology and is a founding member of The Somatic Sex Educators’ Association of Australasia (SSEAA). Uma has studied with some of the world’s leading erotic educators, including Kenneth Ray Stubbs, Barbara Carrellas, Triambika, Joseph Kramer, and Ellen Heed.
Uma practises and teaches classical and neo Tantra, Taoism, sexual shamanism and somatic sexology. She has a passion for working with people with sexual difficulties, and with people who are seeking change and growth in their sex lives.
Dr Betty Martin
Dr Betty Martin is a Chiropractor, a Body Electric School trained Sacred Intimate, Certified Sexological Bodyworker, Foundations of Facilitation trainer, and a self-propelled erotic adventurer and intimacy coach. She has 30 years professional experience of working as a hands-on professional, first in therapeutics – Chiropractic, Somato-Respiratory Integration, Educational Kinesiology, Reiki, Neuro-Emotional Integration – and later in body-based erotic education, including sensual massage, Taoist Erotic Massage, Kashmiri tantric massage and Sexological Bodywork. She is the pioneer of a new model for understanding the nature of touch called the 'Wheel of Consent'.
Numbers are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment. To do this, complete the application form below.